The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"


























I got several requests to up last night's episode of The Boondocks.

I can't really say much.

I'm a Aaron McGruder fan and I have every book he's put out (do the same).

Whatever needs to be said about MLK as well as Black folks, he put it on the table.

I think it suprises alot of people when his characters say some of the things he says. But if you've followed the comic, you know these are views he's espoused since it's inception.

McGruder is one of the more powerful voices America has right now. Not just Black people. All of America.

(Can anybody get a video clip of him speaking? I had it a few years ago and haven't seen it since.)


I'll let you all watch the episode and discuss.


The Boondocks, January 15, 2006 - "Return Of The King" Change to .avi

Backup Link

Video thanks to NquestII

I guess it's all ironic because I've been unconsciouly listening to Goodie Mob's Soul Food all day and had these two tracks on repeat without realizing the full significance of the day & the relationship these songs share with the same sentiments shared in episode.


Goodie Mob - "Fighting" & "The Day After"


Salute!

John Gotty™



No real music offerings today. But if you need a dose, travel to The Land Of C for a dose of Sugar Hill

Support the artists & buy the album if you like the music.


• Let me school you on Easy Money 101. Also, get $50 by fuckin with me on this online betting. I got them picks knuccckkaaa.

Respect due to the cats who laced us with a contributions over the past few days.

Click some ads! Let us make a little paper if you want to support us spending time here on the daily.

Know any other sites worthy of mentioning? Maintain your own site & want to do a link exchange? Email us @ smoking.section@gmail.com because we're always looking to grow.

Got music you want to share? Email us at smoking.section@gmail.com and include the artist, album, filesharing link & password (if applicable). Your contributions are what keeps this joint moving.

• Come see us @ Myspace and be sure to join the group. We try to circulate update info & some extras thru there.

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook