New year and another is behind us.
...and ain't nothin changed but the weather.
We're still here so let us do what we do for you.
This dude...I don't know this dude from Adam but right about now I'm on his street team reppin like Loud Records in the mid 90's.
All you need to know is DJ Shad is the state of Texas and Hi-Rollaz Entertainment. Par the t-shirts, outsiders outsiders should take extreme note to the slogan - "Don't mess with Texas".
Listening to this album was almost as good as sex. A high...it felt like i rolled up a dollar bill & did some Tony's lol.
When I hear shit like this, it nearly brings me to tears...tears of joy. it's hard to explain the rush, the giddyness i feel when i hear the og version of song used in a sample. honestly, it truly makes me admire the artistry of producers...you can claim hip-hop isn't "original music because they don't play instruments"...bullshit. to take an original piece of art, reinterpret it from what was already beautiful and warp it into another work of art...that's a talent.
Hearing Dre's sources...sometimes discs like this, revealing sources, makes me wonder how producers even run across this stuff? Randomly? Do they listen to this type of stuff while they're cleaning house on Saturday mornings? Can you imagine being their kid and growing up in house where moms is frying up some eggs & pops is playing some Joe Simon and sliding around in his sockfeet dancing around?
Who the fuck listens to Steve Arrington?
Esther Phillips "That's Alright With Me"?
When was the last time you played that in the whip?
This disc contains a full buffet...a beautiful blend of "Shorty Wanna Be A Thug/Drive Slow/Wildflower." Frankly, I never understood the fuss over "Drive Slow"....yeah, Kanye did his do on the lyrics...but most cats were raving about the beat. I wasn't feelin it. But, when Shad speeds it up a pitch-notch or two, matches it with the other works...i'm with it. As well, my son blows the dust off an old DMX Funk Flex verse that's that old grimey, aggressive, "fuck Onyx! I'm the real crazy baldhead" type shit. (We miss you 'X). The "Still Tippin Megamix" with a crossbreed between some classical music and...you already know how Texas does.
VA-DJ_Shad-Nothings_New..._(Bootleg)-2005 (Pt. 1)
The mash-up...please leave it in 2005.
It's not for everybody and nor is every genre of music meant to meshed.
It's not new.
It was done in the early 90's by PE & Anthrax, Ice-T and his Body Count crew.
Yeah...Hov & Linkin Park did it well.
Mouse did a good job, Kev Brown as well.
But, let's not press our luck anymore (Nelly & whoever dude was?).
DJ Danger Mouse - The Grey Album
Kevin Brown - The Brown Album
Kno Vs Hov - The White Album
• Respect due to the cats who laced us with a contributions over the past few days...niceforice, flymad, .knotie, The Facts and any other name we may have forgotten.
• Click some ads. Let us make a little paper if you want to support us spending time here on the daily.
• Right now we feel like, as Derek put it so verbosely, "dirty mp3 whores"...no meaningful dialouge, no more than "thanks" or "do you have?". Therefore, we're gonna change the game up a little.
Got a request?If you request something & we have it, all we ask is that you upload something as well. Doesn't matter what; somebody else prolly wants/needs something you might have. Then we'll do our damnedest to honor your request. Give in order to recieve, pay it forward & everybody benefits greatly.
• Know any other sites worthy of mentioning? Maintain your own site & want to do a link exchange? Email us @ email@example.com because we're always looking to grow.
• We need an e-street team to post updates. We've been getting alot of visitors from various boards & to increase traffic, we think it would be a good idea to post updates on those boards along with some of the boards we ourselves visit & update. Wanna help? Email us.
• Got music you want to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the artist, album, filesharing link & password (if applicable). Your contributions are what keeps this joint moving.
• Tell at least one friend or mention the site on any forums or boards you visit. Put a shoutout to us on your Facebook/Myspace pages. Personally, I want to see us crack 5K visitors per day.
• Come see me/us @ Myspace and be sure to join the group. We try to circulate update info & some extras thru there.
• Gene Harris - In a Special Way (Blue Note)
• Mob Style - Game Of Death or any other album
Julie Dexter - Conscious
Julie Dexter - Dexterity
DJ 31 Degreez Presents - Georgia Bulldogs 4 (Hosted By Young Jeezy and T.I.) - 2005
Lupe Fiasco & Gorillaz - A Rhyming Ape - 2005 [Retail]
Lupe Fiasco - Farenheit 1/15 Pt. 2, Revenge of the Nerds
PW for the Lupe's is most
D'Angelo - Live At The Jazz Cafe
Amel Larrieux - Bravebird
Raheem DeVaughn-The Love Experience [Retail]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of The Siccness
Mac Mall - Untouchable
Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
And might we suggest checking Regnyouth's Thursday, December 29 post for a nice selection of direct downloads.
* Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
* Daft Punk - Discovery
* Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
* Talib Kweli - The Beautiful Struggle
* Jamie Lidell - Multiply
* Damian Marley - Welcome To Jamrock
* Modest Mouse - This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About
* Sly & The Family Stone - Small Talk
* System Of A Down - Hypnotize
Posted by Gotty™ at 1/01/2006 12:08:00 AM