The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

Family Ties....



"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."






Loyalty is a lost value these days.

With all of the "ride or die" chanting going on, I don't believe some people who are runnin around chanting the shit are even considering gettin down with their team if the shit hits the fan.

From those close to me, I only ask two things...trust & loyalty.

Period.

That may be why I only have a few friends lol.

Many of the people I have considered friends in the past weren't able to maintain their loyalties for whatever reason.

Where I'm from & amongst my crew, we call it "the code."

"Man I put that on the code, my dude."

What does the code consist of?

There's no specific guidelines moreso than it's just understood.

Amongst your crew, you don't lie, cheat, steal or decieve.

Amongst your crew, you do anything they ask you to do within reason.

And the things that are unreasonable, if they're life or death matters, you do them.

There is no gray area.

Anyone who knows me will confirm this.

For me, if I tell you I'm down with you, that's it, no question, end of story.

Whatever that consists of, hell or jail, I'm with you.

All I ask is the same in return.

For the two individuals I speak of & direct this to, you know who you are.

You broke the code.


"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."








Dedicated to those who switched sides and refused to ride. You were disloyal. You war was my war, but nevermore.

DMX feat. The Lox - "We Don't Give A Fuck"


Pardon my negativity, but yo, it's still a blog and every now and then I like to get a little personal and air some shit out.

Back to the originally scheduled program.

We need Wu-Tang back in full effect.

Why?

Pure misogny.

Mad at your chick?

Play this Tone Starks track at real loud while she's in the car with you.

Ghostface - "Wildflower"

Mad at your live-in girlfriend or your baby's momma?

Cue this Zig Zag Zig Allah verbal lashing at full volume.

RZA - "Domestic Violence"

Bring back the Wu!

Hmm...alot of anger in this post so let me switch the pace.

Since this post is lacking in love, we decided to honor a requested re-up of a nice collection of rub-a-dub music. Click here to peep the tracklisting.

Beats 101 Presents Sex Songs, Volumes 1 - 3

Vol. 1 Vol. 2 Vol. 3


EDIT - Mood Muzik 2 is finally out!!! Expect a personal review very soon but for now just enjoy!

Joe Budden - Mood Muzik 2 (Can It Get Any Worse?) (Mixed by DJ On Point)

Backup Link

Backup Link

Props to them Born Unknown cats for droppin this shit early!

EDITED EDIT


Oh my..."6 Minutes"...in the words of Dingle...:EEEEKKKK

"...and these dudes would be in the game shakin like Mahmoud Abdul Rauf/not Tourette's gotta rep..."

"...there's not a weak link in my squad/
I'm LL In Too Deep I'm thinkin I'm God..."

"...the pound will make you Eddie Curry w/a heart problem"

"...Fox Brown should be the only one that can't hear that"

"...they don't even want you in New York/you like Penny ninja"

"..tryin to dap my hand like the Boy's Club logo"

"..I'm the million dollar baby but i won't die trying to box"

"...they broke/tampon ninjas still in the red"

"...I call'em Mr. Fantastic/stop reachin ninja"

"...that's a neverending story without the white flying dog"

Plus the whole Mario Bros. references


Hip-hop has a problem in Joey.



Check out what they've got brewing over at Chasing Red for a change of pace.

Got a request? We're gonna change the game up a little. If you request something & we have it, all we ask is that you upload something as well. Doesn't matter what; somebody else prolly wants/needs something you might have. Then we'll do our damnedest to honor your request. Give in order to recieve, pay it forward & everybody benefits greatly.

Know any other sites worthy of mentioning? Maintain your own site & want to do a link exchange? Email us @ smoking.section@gmail.com because we're always looking to grow.

We need an e-street team to post updates. We've been getting alot of visitors from various boards & to increase traffic, we think it would be a good idea to post updates on those boards along with some of the boards we ourselves visit & update. Wanna help? Email us.

Got music you want to share? Email us at smoking.section@gmail.com and include the artist, album, filesharing link & password (if applicable). Your contributions are what keeps this joint moving.

Click some ads. Let us make a little paper if you want to support us spending time here on the daily.

• Tell at least one friend or mention the site on any forums or boards you visit. Put a shoutout to us on your Facebook/Myspace pages. Personally, I want to see us crack 5K visitors per day.

• Come see me/us @ Myspace and be sure to join the group. We try to circulate update info & some extras thru there.


Salute!

Gotty™


Respect due to CM, Dominicanluimi, BabySham1985, D.Rose & a few others whose names inadvertantly forgetton for their help today.


Our Requests

Gene Harris - In a Special Way (Blue Note)

Mob Style - Game Of Death or any other album

Julie Dexter - Conscious/Dexterity




Stray Shots

C-Bo - Tales From The Crypt

C-Bo's - West Side Ryders [2003]

Soulja Slim- Give it to em Raw

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Big Daddy Kane - Looks Like A Job For...

E-40 - The Mail Man

AZ -AWOL

AZ - Pieces Of A Man

Pass for those five is luimi

Common-Like Water for Chocolate-Instrumentals

Celph Titled - Mother Molester (Bootleg)

Celph Titled - Rubix Cuban Discs 1 & 2

Young Jeezy- Lets Get It: Thug Motivation 101


Prince_Paul-Psychoanalysis_(Wordsound_Records)


PW is mvfamonly


Lil Flip - Undaground Legend [Retail][2002]

Mobb Deep - The Dunn Language Volume 1 & 2 [2002]


Vol. 1 Vol. 2


Rappin' 4-Tay-Off Parole

The Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia (1995)

8-Off Agallah - Wrap Your Lips Around This

O.C.-Jewelz (1997)

Blackalicious - Nia

Rahsaan Patterson - After Hours

Jamie_Foxx-Unpredictable-2005

NWA And The Posse (1987)


50 Cent- Bulletproof (hosted By J-live)-2005

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook