The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

"The Devil Is Alive I Feel Him Breathin'..."





















Personally, I don’t mind Kanye’s arrogance.

Is it arrogance when your work & accomplishments prove your worth?

I’m aware of all the knocks against him…the sampling, the “subpar” rhyme skills, yadda yadda ya….

Opinions.

And since we’re all entitled to opinions I’ll say that this Late Orchestration album is more proof that Kanye is deserving.

An energetic MC + live instruments = a damn good album to which listeners can vibe (See BDP’s Live Hardcore Worldwide).

Although there are several standout tracks, including the playful “Gone” with Consequence, "All Falls Down" & “Late”, the standout has to be…well, let me prep you….

I loved it on Late Registration

I loved it when I saw him perform it on MTV’s Beats & Rhymes

And I love it most here...

"Heard'em Say" from Late Orchestration

Why?

The emphasis on the piano, allowing it to shine, & then be followed up by the bassline...all the way to the flowing strings near the end with John Legend crooning along the way. As well, Kanye’s lyrics are even sharper & easily analyzed as if he’s showing listeners the “less arrogant", more musing side to himself…


They say people in your life are seasons,
And anything that happen is for a reason,
And aggins guns a clappin and keep to squeezin',
And Gran (Grandma) keep prayin' and keep believin'...


"Heard'em Say" from Late Orchestration


Overall, the extras that the strings provide make the whole album well worth the listen.

But ignore me because I'm a huge fan of the properly executed & clearly produced live album.

Expanding your horizons, me & the homie Neil Diamonds were rapping yesterday, discussing the various influences that hip-hop has incorporated throughout it's life span...and I got a request to up some Pink Floyd last week & wanted to post this song anyways.

When I first encountered Pink Floyd, I was grown & listening to alot of jazz at the time. My man heard or had been watching my listening tastes & suggested I give Wish You Were Here, in specific "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" a listen.

I walked away pleased...and with a hankering for some acid. Dark melody, an excellent guitar solo...and the story behind it makes it all the more sincere...

A tribute to former Floyd member Syd Barrett. His heavy drug use in the late 1960s (most notably, LSD)along with pre-existing mental instability forced him out of the band and the music world. Barret was the brain child of the early Floyd sound. He was replaced by guitarist David Gilmour but the band never forgot him. - Source


"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (Parts 1 & 2)

Care for more? Two personal favorites...

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon


Salute!

Gotty™




Stray Shots

Raphael Saadiq - Ray Ray

Raphael Saadiq - Instant Vintage

A Tribe Called Quest - People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

AZ - Doe or Die

Akinyele - Vagina Diner

Big Tymers - How You Luv That Vol.1

Z-Ro - Z-Ro

Youngbloodz - Against Da Grain

Big Tymers - I Got That Work

3rd Bass - The Cactus Album

Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers-Stadium_Arcadium-(PROPER)-2CD-2006

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied

Mr._Nogatco_(Kool_Keith)-Nogatco_Rd

Stephanie Mills - Home

Lizz Wright - Dreaming Wideawake

Blend Crafters (DJ Numark of Jurassic 5 w/ others) - Blend Crafters



5.2 Text File Download

5.2 Changelink Page



Show your support for the "Buy TSS Some Hard Drives" Donation Drive via Paypal.

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook