The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

"La La La..."

I told you a few weeks ago, you all were about to witness a dynasty like no other.

It's coming no homo.

Parts of the plans for growth are being revealed.


We asked for writers.

We appreciate the response we've recieved.

We've had so many folk who said they'd be down to contribute in any way possible.

We love that.

And while I've tried to answer each and every email with a personal response, it gets redundant saying the same thing.

Plus I realized we need more than just writers to make this thing of ours grow in the direction we foresee.

So for writers, prospective contributors, people with time on your hands and just want to help, we set up something to help clear things up & answer some questions.




Click the image to read more...



I fucks with Model Minority


While you're checking for us, I usually stroll over & check for her.

She's witty, wise & entertaining.

And I loved this post she made because in it's essence she described what me & my dudes felt when we first heard this track.

So, I asked her to let me jack her post.


Isn't that image hella fresh. Its actually on a hoodie. I don't know sponge bob. I have been feeling the graphic heavy, skater meets hippety hop type jawns lately. The dope thing about copyright law is that THE artist HAVE A RIGHT to incorporate M-O-B-B into their art. I heart america. I heart the old M-O-BB too.

*************************

*************************

Blog family. I am in HIP- HOP HAPPYLAND. I managed to "PROCURE" "The World Is Yours" remix , where he says in the Hook, "Keep the La's inna Air". Dude. When I heard
that sh*yesterday, I started dancing around. That song, in and of it self, in its brief three minutes represents me in 94, and who I wanted to be. Someone, actually, I think my first ol' boy, gave it to me on a memorex mix tape, but it was f*cked up because the song would cut off at the end of the tape .
"The fiend of hip hop/ got me stuck like crack pipe."
[ Ol' boy is sayin' that the crack is like the rap, and he stuck on stupid. Dayuuum GINNNNAH.]

"Holding a stolen cops glock w/ g-notes in my hand."
[ First of all dude. This sounds like nothing but trouble. But as soon as he said it, I had a mental image of that scene in Clockers where the young buck was holdin
g the bench down. Talk about a saturated visual. Mental note to self, saturated visuals is hella fresh.].

"The mic is my religion/ the system is the devils lasso."
[ Did god put him on earth to make such poetic songs. Could you imagine the fights that he and Kelis has. Does he leave her little notes. Prolly poetic text messages hunh. I know>>>>hopeless romantic = me<<<<<<]


For nas bloggery, peep fletch and his family.


************************

************************

Up bloggin' as the sun rises. God. I love life.


************************
************************

New interview with Rakim where he discusses Nas's son
g, his new label and how it feels to perform in '06, and his family.
Peace to spine mag.


Model Minority

Contributing Writer/C0-D







Wu-Symphony, Part Two, The Presequel

Continued props to cuztbh for this shit!


BRONZE NAZARETH – THOUGHT FOR FOOD VOL 1

JOE MAFIA – THIS ONE

GHOSTFACE – HIDDEN DARTS VOL 1

SHABAZZ – TAKE YOUR TIME EP

TIMBOO KING – P.O.W.

WARCLOUD – PROJECT SCIENCE

HARLEM 6 – CONQUER MIXTAPE

40 GLOCC – THE JAKAL

40 GLOCC – OUTSPOKEN VOL 2

The Black Rose Kartel

M.M.O.

The Proffessional And The Anti Decimator

Wu-Tang Clan - "A Wu-Tang Life NYC" (Extended Version)Part 1

Wu-Tang Clan - "A Wu-Tang Life NYC" (Extended Version)Part 2

RZA - The World According To RZA

Timbo King Presents - The Power of Words

Killah Priest-Priesthood

Mathematics-The Problem

Killah Priest-Black August

La The Darkman-Heist Of The Century

Raekwon-The Vatican Mixtape Vol 1

U-GOD-Golden Arms Redemption

Raekwon-Immobilarity

Royal Fam-Yesterday,Today,Iz Tommorrow

Ghostface Killah-Shaolin's Finest

Inspectah Deck-The Movement

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

Killarmy-Fear Love And War


Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook