The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.



I'll be the first to admit that while I'm well versed in the art of seduction and women, showing and understanding how to love them is somewhat foriegn to me. Even though I am the incarnate form of Mel Gibson's character in What Women Want, relationships are hard for me to dig. Typically, the modus operandi is to shadow my true feelings behind sarcasm and humor. And my behavior has been less than gentlemanly in some circumstances lol. I've done all the dog things of course and shitted on my fair share. I still say the B-word freely (I'm workin on it) and I'm mucho macho but, I'm growing lol.

But, luckily, God blessed me with a beautiful daughter; a wonderful, helpful sister, an understanding and loving ex-girlfriend; a caring, patient momma; and a host of beautiful females inhabiting my life. With them helping me, I'm learning alot about women as well as myself.

So, I'll give them this track because, for some reason, it put a lot of shit in perspective for me.

India Arie - "Talk To Her"

And since I promised you all her whole album last week, I finally got around to it so here it is.

India Arie - Voyage To India Part 1 Part 2

But since I'm still part savage and life ain't all roses, I don't give a rat asses about half the slores I meet, not because they're slores but because they're bum ass people. So, I gotta bring some hate to the post or it wouldn't be me haha. Either way, don't judge them before you listen to them.

This RZA is one of those you put on when you absolutely detest the person with but just for a little while, or maybe forever. The shit he says is harsh but, sometimes, it is what it is. It is what truly goes thru the mind's of men sometimes so ladies take a listen.

RZA - "Domestic Violence"

The Ghost track is one you play when there ain't no turning back lol. This track screams "I hate you and hope a bus hits your motherf*%kin a$$." Really, any track that starts out with "Yo b&tch/I fucked your friend/yeah you stank hoe..." is bound to be an exercise in misogny.

Ghostface Killer - "Wildflower"


Whew...

On a lighter note, I've been in a real cool out mode here recently, here's a mellow joint to keep you cool for today.

Eric Clapton - "If I Saw You In Heaven"

Highly Recommended Listening Material

I sometimes have to wonder how or what producers listen to. They can't listen to rap alone and come up with some of the beats, arrangements and samples that they do. When I first heard the rap version of this (I'm not giving it away, you're gonna have to listen), I remember being half thoroughly impressed, half kind of sad for personal reasons as well the fact that the rappers...well, I'd tell you too much. Either way, I loved it.

Let me just say, Eminem rarely gets praise from me but I gotta give him props for finding this one. This original song is just as moving, if not more than, the hip hop version. I gave this guy's album a listen and it's actually okay but I'll save it for a later post.

Jonny Lang - "Dying To Live"

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook