The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

Please, Lord, Teach Us To Laugh Again;

... but, God, don't ever let us forget that we cried."

I shared that with somebody last week and since I couldn't come up with any witty remarks (writer's block), I figured it would do for you all today. We all have bad and good days, sunny and cloudy days. Trying times are just that - trying times. Just look at it an obstacle for you to get past and grow stronger by doing so. Somebody this morning didn't get out of bed. You were blessed enough to be able to. Make the best of it.

Here, take this pick me up song. Some people play an important role in our lives daily. I appreciate those people for that. This is to them because they challenge my mind and are juan in a million :) It's old from back when X was really The Dark Man X.

The first verse deserves proper shine...


Now who I am is who I'll be until I die
either accept it or don't f*&k with it
but if we gon' be dogs then you stuck with it!
Let me go my way but walk with me
see what I see, watch me then, talk with me
Share my pain, make it a little easier to deal with it
cause despite all the fame YOU I'm a keep it real with it (true)!
Rob and steal withcha' dog n*^ga what
ride till we die, on till it's up.
Love is love and I enjoy the love,
but when it's conflict then it destroys the love.
You can't toy with love, n^&gas take to the heart
you ain't gon' find too many n&*gas willing to, bark in the dark
(come on!) Keep your head from the start, don't fuck it up now,
later on they be hit like, f#@k it how??
You my dog and I die for you, keep it like that,
give me unconditional love, and I give it right back.


DMX - "Dogs For Life"

The New

RECOMMENDED - Pretty hot track. Mean drum lick. Cool ass chorus. Smooth, laidback track. Worth a listen.

David Banner feat. 8Ball - "My Gun"

Joe Budden (Produced by Just Blaze)- "Fuel"

DMX feat. Styles P - "It's Personal"

I can't front. I was shocked at how much I liked this mixtape. Nore always been an entertaining dude but I haven't exactly been feeling his move to reggaeton. Yeah, son kills it with the slang. Who else can have cats saying "offtheyezzelbub", "what what" "hang hang" and "fashadigadealz" (State Prop 2 heads will know that one). But this mixtape is suprisingly good. It's loud, aggressive and will get you moving.

DJ Camilo presents Nore - Hang Hang Sangria Mixtape

You'll need Winamp to view this one.

Anthony Hamilton - Charlene (Live at the BET Awards 2005) Video

Have you ever wondered where cats, esp dudes up top, got the idea to wear hats a size or two too big? Look no further. Shyne came on the scene and everybody said he sounded like B.I.G. I don't know how many of you have followed his career but he's definitely exceeded that comparison and grown into his own dude. Let's hope he gets out soon.




Free Shyne Po!


Shyne - "Bonnie and Shyne" Video









And I'll give some off the wall picks that are personal favorites. Give'em a try.

I'm a closet Nirvana fan. Shh...don't tell anybody.

Nirvana - "Come As You Are"

Portishead's Dummy album (and oh so many tress & other plants) got me thru my senior year of college. It's definitely different but if you want to lean back and chill it's good. Plus, it's laced with stong, meaningful feminist lyrics. How the hell did I grow to like them? I have no idea but I still play this album to this day as it's real relaxing in a dark and brooding sort of way. These are two of my favorite tracks off the album. Don't let the names of the songs fool you because these are quality tracks. Trust me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. And if I get one good reply, I'll up the whole album lol.

Portishead - "Glory Box"

Portishead - "Biscut"

And lastly, in the news...

"Lil Kim Sentenced To One Year And One Day"

click picture for story.

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook