Unravels the envelope to increase suspense...
Kool G. Rap for "On The Run"
This song is the prime example for why so many NYC rappers when asked mention this man in their top five.
Slick, detailed & one helluva story.
In this track, G.Rap creates a character straight out of a Scorcese film & if the soundtrack to Goodfellas featured hip-hop, I swear somehow this would've had to fit in.
I got a job with the mob, makin G's
Doin some pickups, deliveries and transportin keys
Yeah they got me like a flunkie
I'm ridin around with ten kilos inside my trunk G
And I'm holdin the suitcase
with a half a million dollars right in my motherfuckin face
And I'm tryin to ignore it
But sometimes I get tempted to make a motherfuckin run for it
The thought alone makes me shiver, damn
What if I get caught? They'll find me floatin in the Hudson River
But if I escape, I'll be in shape for my life
but they might, get my kid and my wife
Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo - "On The Run"
Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo - Wanted Dead Or Alive (1990)& Live & Let Let Die(1992)
On a sidenote, cats are droppin links for alot of OOP albums, mid-90's Rap City classics. My best advice, grab'em while they're available because some are rare & expensive as hell on if you were to purchase them elsewwhere, if they were even available.
And I pretty much figure cats have been beastin for this long enough so enjoy...
J.R. Writer - Writer's Block 3
If you haven't signed up, joined the mailing list for 5th Platoon.
Our prime objective this week is to push to have all 4K plus visitors that we get on the daily to show how strong they and we are as a voice in the online hip-hop community by signing up for this particular mailing list. Please believe, this is a stepping stone to larger things. So, please pay your part & don't be one of those "full of sound & fury signifying nothing" type of individuals (MacBeth fool! lol)...do something!
• Support the artists! Also, be sure to visit DownhillBattle.org.
• Drop us a Paypal donation. We've got things we want to do to enable us to be able to do more with maintaining and upgrading. Ten cents or ten dollars...it's all welcome and appreciated. If you can't do that, be sure to visit our sponsors ads.
• Join the Myspace group or the Last.FM group. With Myspace, we send routine updates and some extras. With Last.FM, if we get 15 members, our groups listening preferences can be tracked and it's pretty interesting to see what everybody else is listening to. Personally, I've found some really good selections by checking what others are listening to.
• Anyone have any DJ SHI'ITE Mixtapes? If so, give us a holler on the email. It's been on the want list for a while. Anyone able to hook us up, it would be greatly appreciated.
• Charli Baltimore - The Dark Half Mixtape
• Hidden Beach Recordings Presents - Unwrapped, Vol. 3
• Bill Cosby - Hello Friends,To Ennis with Love
Keep checking back because we'll continually update this section
Real Live - The Turnaround
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal PW is claymore
The Very Best of Johnny "Guitar" Watson - In Loving Memory
Al Tariq - God Connections Fixed
People_Under_The_Stairs-Stepfather-Advance-2006 PW is jason or kofy
Matisyahu - Live At Stubbs
The Artifacts - Between A Rock & A Hard Place
DJ Coolbreeze & UGK - Return Of The Kings
Odd Squad - Fadanuf Fa Erybody (1994) (Devin The Dude's first group)