The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

Heavy Soul, Lite Syrup....

















“Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe that you must become its soul.” Coretta Scott King



A month or so ago, I was going to make a post, clowning & speaking on females, exploits and all the testerone induced music that matches such thoughts.

Then Dally checked me by saying something as simple as "Sorry but I won't take part in that one. I have a wife and a daughter."

Needless to say, he made me think before putting those words out there but I still wanted to do something directed at women....however I decided to spin it positively.

I've spoken my piece about previous relationships & encounters before and I'm not shy about discussing any of it. It's those things, good & bad, that make me the charismatic mofo I am today lol.

Let me show respect where it's due, in musical form.


I'd like to give you something...we'll call it "Heavy Soul, Lite Syrup"

See, at age eighteen, my homie Shawn dropped a gem on me that I've stuck with ever since.

He was like "son you still hittin them hoes & runnin. I'm laying up with these broads, eating breakfeast the next day."

Now, Shawn was as street as they came and I put that on everything I love.

So to hear him say that, it put things into an interesting perspective for my impressionable young mind.

Some people of the opposite sex are straight that...sex. Beat, skeet, bounce.

There are some though, they hold a special spot & you should treat'em that way, inside and outside of the bedroom.

This is one for the ones with whom you need to show your sensual side.

It's not a not a "knock boots" soundtrack.

At the same time, it's not a sappy "ooh baby I love you" that'll make a chick wanna hurry up, get dressed and get the fuck up out because you on some sucker for love shit.

It's more of a mid-tempo, balanced, straightforward compilation of what I think are the "best love songs of all time to cut to without sounding neither too afront & rugged nor too soft".

Yeah...

In no particular order...no further adieu...

Silk - Lose Control
George Duke - No Rhyme, No Reason
112 - Funny Feelings
Chico DeBarge - Love Still Good
Ginuwine - Wait A Minute
Jagged Edge - Healing
Jodeci - You And I
Maxwell - Suitelady (The Proposal Jam)
Lauryn Hill - Nothing Even Matters
Me'Shell NdegéOcello - Outside Your Door
Miles Davis - Blue In Green
Missy Elliot feat. Ginuwine - Take Away
Playa - Cheers To You
R. Kelly - Company Meets The Lonely
Tank - Slowly
Marvin Gaye - I Want You
The Isley Brothers - I'll Always Come Back To You


Heavy Soul, Lite Syrup

Disclaimer - We, TSS, are not responsible for any babies created because of this mix.

Some random shots still on the subject...

Is it possible to use the word "bitch" and put a positive spin on it?

Only if you're good with yours and spawn food for thought like these two.

Jeru The Damaja - "Da Bitchez"

Jay-z - "Bitches & Sisters"


I stumbled upon these two last night & I loved them immediately. The husband and wife team of Kindred Family Soul doing two beautiful songs showing the true dymanics of love, relationship and marriage.

"Woman First"

"Let It Go"

And somebody close hit me off with this track & gave my day a special shine even on a cloudy day in the city. Some people just have that uncanny ability to reach out your hand & end up touching your heart & mind in the process.

Hall & Oates - "Sara Smile"


We didn't forget you usual dose of hip-hop; look below.

Little Brother's Gangsta Grillz dropped & I know some cats are beasting for that. T.I.'s out but it's only a webrip so I'm passing on that for at least another day or so til I can't take it anymore lol.

Don't trip. We about to get back on our grizzly with this rap shit. For now though, enjoy.


Salute!

Gotty™



Support the artists! Also, be sure to visit DownhillBattle.org.

Drop us a Paypal donation. We've got things we want to do to enable us to be able to do more with maintaining and upgrading. Ten cents or ten dollars...it's all welcome and appreciated. If you can't do that, be sure to visit our sponsors ads.

Want to see what I'm actually listening to? Take a peek

Now join the darkside and see what the rest of cats from here are listening to.

Smoking Section's Last.FM group



Our Requests

• Anyone have any DJ SHI'ITE Mixtapes? If so, give us a holler on the email. It's been on the want list for a while. Anyone able to hook us up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Charli Baltimore - The Dark Half Mixtape

Slicc - Who tha Hell is Slicc

Lil' Keke - It Was All A Dream



Stray Shots


DJ Drama & Little Brother-Separate But Equal

Black Moon - Enta Da Stage

Black Moon - Diggin In Da Vaultz

Gnarls Barkley - Advance Promo

Papoose - A Threat And A Promise

Various Artists-Lyricist Lounge Vol.1 (Two Discs)

A G 2 A Ke-Mil Ticket

Royce Da 5'9"- MiC Mixtape

Mo Thugs-Family Scriptures

Atlantic Starr-Ultimate Collection

Zapp & Roger-All Time Greatest Hits

Marshall Jefferson-Move Your Body:The Evolution of Chicago House (Two Discs)

Top Authority-Somethin to Blaze To

The Regime-Thugg Lordz

X-Raided-Psycho Active

Mack 10-The Recipe

DJ Muggs vs. The Gza/Genius - Grandmasters

Magnificent and Mike Jones - 1st Round Draft Picks

ATOP - The Torture Papers

Yesterdays New Quintet - Stevie

The Brothers Johnson - Best Of The Brothers Johnson

Alicia Keys - Remixed & Unplugged In A Minor (Import)

DJ Keyz Presents Alicia Keys - The Ultimate Collection Vol. 2



3.20 Text File

3.21 ChangeLink Page

Nuff respect due to everybody who's been contributing. The amount of helped we've recieved from steady contributors has been overwhelming.

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook

Smoking Section Archive