The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

















"Magno goes hard!"

That's all I know.

I am aware I just spoke about him a few posts ago....so what lol. I try to make it a habit of only speaking on the stuff that really moves me.

When I like an artist, I'm pushin for him to blow...so I can be like "yeah yeah, I told you man!"

Now, obviously, Houston's music ain't for everybody.

Half of them, I doubt I could stomach a whole album.

But if I had to co-sign for one dude who I enjoy listening to from that part of the map, it'd be Magnificent easily.

I've been rotating singles and shit off of mixtapes of his off and on since H-Town put me on to his music.

Now, he's got a ways to go to be considered as having universal appeal, real talk. But he's signed with DJ Clue's Desert Storm imprint so he should become well-rounded by the time they bring him.

But for feel good, straight up rappin...Mag sounds like your homie you grew up with so you listen because you know him, you know the stories he's talkin about and you ride around listening simply based off love.

Dookie shot me this joint and it's pretty solid.

Some quality beat-jackin with Magno's usual humor spit with his Down South accent. Some definite rewindable lines.

Notables...

"Magno" with Killa Kyle

"It's Magnificent" over a freaked version of the "PSA" beat.

"We Gonna Shine" with Charlie Boy (a staple on the hooks apparently...sounds like Nate Dogg on lean to me lol).

The "Uncle Leroy" skits with son talkin about eighths, prostitutes and a old ass dude trying to spit slang "knowhatimtalkinbout..."

"Advantage Magno"...good natural, braggin rights freestyle with funny references to old time spirituals, Monica Lewinsky & Judge Hatchett


Give it a listen...

Magnificent - Magno Mixes Vol. 1


And while we on some South shit, this track goes hard.

Lil Keke, Bun-B, Pimp C & Paul Wall - "Chuck Up The Duece"


Watching tonite's episode of The Sopranos reminded me that I don't wanna die alone, regretful.

Instead, I wanna be surrounded...ah fuck it, Nas said it better.

Nas - "Live Now"

I think Nas' making that track is one of the reasons why I've stayed loyal to the man as a fan...his growth and the ability to be even to envision life past the present & the usual emcee fodder of cars, clothes, hoes & rented jewelry for videos.

Oh yeah....two new T.I. tracks dropped produced by Just Blaze....oh so serious. Go holler @ Dingle over @ Am I High?? to hear'em.



Enough for today.

Quite a bit of jewels below so be sure to take note. Some might not be standard listening for some of us, but still give'em a try. Don't like it, delete it. If you like it, put the next man on.


Salute!

Gotty™


• Help Retro out by buying his shit! eBay status, help a poor bastard out.

Support the artists! Also, be sure to visit DownhillBattle.org.

Drop us a Paypal donation. We've got things we want to do to enable us to be able to do more with maintaining and upgrading. Ten cents or ten dollars...it's all welcome and appreciated. If you can't do that, be sure to visit our sponsors ads.

Want to see what I'm actually listening to? Take a peek

Now join the darkside and see what the rest of cats from here are listening to.

Smoking Section's Last.FM group



Our Requests

• Anyone have any DJ SHI'ITE Mixtapes? If so, give us a holler on the email. It's been on the want list for a while. Anyone able to hook us up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Charli Baltimore - The Dark Half Mixtape

Bill Cosby - Hello Friends,To Ennis with Love

Slicc - Who tha Hell is Slicc



Stray Shots



The Beatnuts - Street Level

Consequence - A Tribe Called Quence

Consequence - Take'em To The Cleaners

Animal Pharm - Pharmaceuticals

Midnight Star - The Anniversary Collection [192kbps]

MF Doom - As Viktor Vaughn Vaudeville V

Bob James - Urban Flamingo

X- Clan - Xodus

DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts

DJ Daybreak - Let's Go Back (80's MIX)(2003)

DJ Daybreak - Body Moves (80's Mix)(2006)

Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted

Stetsasonic - In Full Gear

MC Eiht featuring CMW - We Come Strapped

Frank McComb - The Truth

Vivian Green - A Love Story (2002)

Vivian Green - Vivian (2005)

Alicia Keys - Unplugged

Barry White - Greatest Hits

Michael Jackson - The Ultimate Collection (4 Discs)

Motown Chartbusters Volume 1 - 12

Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5 EP

Grouch & Eligh - G&E Music Vol I & II

Channel Live - Station Identification



3.19 Drops Downloadable Text File

3.19 ChangeLink Page

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook

Smoking Section Archive