The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

"If I Don't Like It, I Don't Like It..."

"....that don't mean that I'm hatin"

The Artist Formerly Known As Sense





I tried yo.

I tried to give Weezy another serious listen, my first since the old Block Is Hot days and more recently, The Carter.

What lead to this?

He crushed "I Can't Feel My Face"...

I was definitely feeling DJ Benzi's "I'm A D-Boy" Refix...

Then he was featured, as in stealing the spotlight, to Nelly's "Maneater" Remix...

So I figured, fuck it...I'd give Dedication 2 a listen since I may be the last person to listen to it...

I was not impressed, well not on the level of the raves it's recieved.

And I discovered, Weezy is only a more capable version of Cam.

Think about.

People say the same things about both.

"I want to hear that old Children Of The Corn version of Killa" or "I want to hear that old 'Loud Pipes' Weezy."

True.

Now, they're both strictly wordplay artists...mixing and matching nonsensical rhymes, instead of crafting verses like they used to.

Disagree?

I could quote damn near any Cam line to prove the point LOL. No disrespect because I like what the Dips do.

However, I point to Weezy on Dedication 2...I was kinda breezing thru, easily liking the first few tracks, "Work'em" and

Then midway thru, he started getting sloppy..."Spitter" and "South Muzik" didn't move me but I was content listening, still open-minded...until I got to "Walk It Off" and heard...

"I got this bitch
Her name's Aiesha
She ride that dick and make a mean cheese pizza
One time it was so good
I told her order one mo'
She said 'It's not Domino's
It's Digiorno's..."

After that, I quit listening...

More evidence of this Tower Of Babel flow so similar to Cam?

"Work'em"..."Sportscenter"...I did enjoy "Get'em" and "They Still Like Me" but they still too reaked of the same lazy monotone flow...

I'm not gonna knock the whole tape because some was fairly decent.

It's just that I'm not buying into this whole "Wayne has improved/he's @ the top of his game", when he's actually regressed in certain key areas.

I guess I'm more or less ambivalent about him.


Let us not forget though...


...son kissed Baby in the mouth.


I still ain't erased that image out of my mind.

I guess I'm scarred.





Oh yeah...before all hell breaks loose about this one...

LEAKAGE...


The Roots - Game Theory


Seriously though...when this shit drops, still go cop...

1.) To make sure Jay knows that they're where he should be puttin the money.

2.) And so these dudes get the love and support they deserve.


Oh yeah..


Pharrell - In My Mind


It leaked too...


Stray Shots

Raekwon The Vatican Vol.2

Jay Dee - The Shining

Prince - The Work Volume 1 - 3 (Demos and Outtakes)

Khia - Gangstress (2006)

D-Block - The CD/DVD Mixtape

VA-Newz-The Takeover Vol. 2 (Hosted By DJ Envy)

VA-Jim_Jones_Presents-M.O.B._(Members_Of_Byrdgang)

Joe Budden - Mood Muzik 1 and 2

Murder Was The Case - Ost

VA-DJ_Smallz_&_Cherish-Dirty_RnB_13

2Pac - Me Against The World

Eric B. and Rakim-Don't Sweat the Technique

Jin-The Rest is History

Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz-Get Crunk Who U Wit Da Album

Bone Crusher - Release The Beast (2006)

La Coka Nostra

Playa Fly-Fly Shit

Playa Fly-Fly 2K

Uncle Howie Presents DJ Presto One - Family Recipe

Memphis Bleek - 534

Lil' Kim - Notorious K.I.M.

Sade - The Best Of Sade


7.13 Stray Shots Downloadable Text File

7.13 Changelink Page








Lil Wayne Is...
Underated...Easily The Best Rapper Alive Since The Best Rapper Retired
Overrated...Grossily.
Enh...Who really cares?
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook