The Smoking Section (Masthead) Respect Our Fresh!

Trouble Listening?



Crazy Baby is always suggesting that I pull my skirt down, simply because I say that I fuck with other genres outside of hip-hop, namely, jazz and R&B.

But, I don't know which one of us discovered first that we liked this joint alot...all I know is that I like it.

And I was suprised CB liked it, so we know it's gotta be at least halfway decent.

When I listen, I envision Mo'Better Blues...




A dark, smokey room...a five piece band...a crowd swaying and grooving...

And a caramel complexion standing @ the mic wooing them with her sultry voice.

A simple mixture of a jazzy backdrop and lyrics that are sentimental and passionate conveyed with a strong voice.

I was hooked from "Trouble Sleeping" and officially sold when I listened to "Since I Fell In Love With You"...like eight times.






Whoever the genius was that came up with Sessions @ AOL...Thank you.

It might be corporate-backed but it's so good to see and hear the wide range of acts performing backed by a live band, a la the old MTV Unplugged format. You can view the video archives of the performances @ www.music.aol.com/videos/sessions


So far I've got mp3 audio for...

Common

Jamie Foxx

Robin Thicke


...and none have been a dissapointment.

If you've got any others, bar no genre, holler @ your folks! Email'em, post'em in the comments...do whatever, but give'em up!

Latest from The Smoking Section

Smoking Section Twitter

Smoking Section Facebook